Your files need not be as complex as the exercise files downloaded from Lynda.com! You can make a simple file with a very plain design to test and experiment with what the tutorial taught. That’s what I want to see.
This will definitely take seven hours, so please be sure to start early and work daily on these assignments.
Choose from ONLY these tutorials at Lynda.com (log in here for free access):
- Creating a Responsive Web Experience (1h 23m)
- Create a Sortable Photo Gallery with jQuery (1h 50m)
- Create an Interactive Animated Timeline with jQuery (1h 7m)
- Up and Running with AngularJS (1h 9m); for more information about AngularJS and its usefulness, see this resource.
- jQuery for Web Designers (1h 42m) + jQuery UI Widgets (33m 53s); counts as two (2) of the four tutorials. Much of the first tutorial is a repeat of what you have already studied, so you will want to skip a lot of it. However, it includes some cool “challenges,” which introduce you to aspects of HTML form interactions — which are really useful to know. If you choose this tutorial, you must also do the following one (same tutor). Together, they count as TWO (2) tutorials for your benchmark. You may NOT do the jQuery UI tutorial (the short one) without the jQuery for Web Designers tutorial.
- Create a Sliding Tabbed Panel with jQuery (58m 25s)
- Create a Tooltip with jQuery (54m 23s)
See the benchmark (Week 13). Do not substitute any other tutorials. Choose four from the list above only.
I recommend that you code along with the videos. Arrange the video window beside your TextWrangler and type everything that is typed in the video. Of course, you can pause the video as needed.
NOTE: When you show your work, I will need to be convinced that you did MORE than simply COPY the exercise files downloaded from Lynda.com. Make your own variations. Play with the code.